Optimization, model fitting, and model comparison
I have been giving classes, tutorials, and workshops on optimization (including BADS), model fitting, and model comparison at summer schools and for research groups at various institutions, for a duration that ranges from 20 minutes to 4+ hours.
As representative examples:
- The module on computational modeling and statistical model fitting I taught at the University of Geneva in Spring 2020, as part of the graduate course Trends in Computational Neuroscience. Slides and Python notebook (link).
- Workshop on model fitting and BADS that I gave in 2019 at the Center for Neural Science and Department of Psychology at New York University. Tutorial slides and MATLAB code (link).
I also like to play around with visualizations for demonstration purposes. This is a demo I built of several optimizers at work (link).
If you would like to invite me to give a seminar or tutorial about these topics, in person or in telepresence, please get in touch at email@example.com.
Places where I have been giving tutorials/workshops on model fitting:
- Joint Ma-Niv-Pillow lab meeting, Princeton University (Princeton, NJ, Sep 2015).
- IISDM decision making joint lab meeting, New York University (New York, NY, May 2016).
- Alex Pouget’s lab, University of Geneva (Geneva, Switzerland, Sep 2016).
- Konrad Kording’s lab, Northwestern University (Chicago, IL, Jun 2017).
- Andreas Tolias’s lab, Baylor’s College of Medicine (Houston, TX – in telepresence, Jul 2017).
- CoSMo summer school 2017, University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN, Aug 2017). Code: https://github.com/lacerbi/cosmo-2017-tutorial
- NYU Training Program in Computational Neuroscience, New York University (New York, NY, Sep 2017).
- CoSMo summer school 2018, University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN, Aug 2018). Code: https://github.com/lacerbi/cosmo-2018-tutorial
- Bristol Neuroscience Group, University of Bristol (Bristol, UK, May 2019). Code: https://github.com/lacerbi/workshop-bristol-2019
- International Brain Laboratory code camp, Columbia University (New York, NY, Sep 2019).
- Center for Neural Science, New York University (New York, NY, Sep 2019). Code: https://github.com/lacerbi/workshop-nyu-2019
- Psychology department, Stockholm University (Stockholm, Sweden, Nov 2019).
- Trends in Computational Neuroscience graduate course; Department of Neuroscience, University of Geneva (Geneva, Apr 2020).
- IBL Computational Neuroscience course, International Brain Laboratory (Apr 2020).